Friday, 1 July 2016

Acne.org Review

Acne.org - The Regimen Review 


Bad acne has been my bane for the past ten years or so of my life. i have tried a lot of things, from a dermatologist at Rabito Clinic in Osu (that one was very harsh on my pocket and it didn't even work), to cheap medications that were recommended to me, to really expensive treatments from neighbourhood beauty supply shops. 
i was tired of being all dressed up and looking good to go some place and some stranger would walk up to me and say "oh i have a product that you can use to clear your pimples". i mean, come on, at least begin with you're looking good mpo eh. lol.

For some time now i have been seeing mention of acne.org whenever i google stuff about acne treatment. i finally gave in and went to the site. The first thing i noticed was that they mentioned that they do not do paid advertisements, that they rely on word of mouth recommendations. That's when i realised that maybe this would be my answer.
However, because i live in Ghana, i wasn't certain if they would ship here. Well, guess what!!! THEY DO!!!! I was excited. So i put in my post office box number and my Ecobank Visa card information and they sent it to me in about two weeks. I received a call from Ghana Post and i went to pick up my package. The Acne.org Regimen Kit is made up of:
8oz. Cleanser
8oz. Treatment (Benzoyl Peroxide - 2.5%)
8oz. Moisturiser with Licochalcone

It cost me a total of $66.01 including shipping, which at the time came to about GH260.00. Ouch i know.

The Regimen Kit


The whole regimen revolves around using a 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide in large amounts along with the gentle cleanser and a thick moisturizer. 

Steps in using the products: (these are included in the package)

First: Use the Cleanser to clean all the impurities and bacteria acquired throughout the day. Use only two pumps and make a great lather before applying it to your wet face. Make sure you only clean your face for 10 seconds. Rinse and pat dry. Take note that you should be very gentle in drying your face.
Second: Wait until 5 to 15 minutes until face is fully dry then apply 2 pumps of 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide in a gentle manner and wait for it to dry.
Third: Again, wait for 5 to 15 minutes until the BP is fully absorbed. Put 2 pumps of moisturizer on your face and wait for it to dry before putting make-up on. 

These steps should be done twice a day atleast 10-12 hours apart.  

Here's the overview and my review of the products:




Step 1 - Gentle Cleanser
From Acne.org
"When treating acne, it is important to avoid irritation. This generously sized, ultra-gentle liquid cleanser is designed to be pH balanced so it doesn't over-dry or strip the skin. It also produces a thick lather which cleanses just the right amount and rinses clean."

My Review: 
I love the cleanser. It is indeed very gentle to my sensitive skin. It doesn't sting and is not painful when applied. It doesn't even hurt if it gets in your eyes. You only have to apply it on your face for 10 seconds though and you also need to be very gentle. Dan (the founder of acne.org) emphasized that everything you do using the regimen should be gentle to steer clear from further irritation, since Benzoyl Peroxide itself can really irritate your skin if you are not used to it. I also found that instead of the two pumps the instructions say to use, one pump was enough for me. Cheers to lengthening bottle use. I'm not ready to get another one now. lol




Step 2 - 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide
From Acne.org
"This 2.5% benzoyl peroxide treatment is gel-based so it goes on clear and spreads easily. It is pharmaceutical grade, pH balanced, fragrance-free, and dye-free. It won't "clump up" with moisturizers, and won't turn white when you perspire. Studies show that 2.5% benzoyl peroxide works as well as 10% solutions, without the excessive dryness and irritation."

My Review:

The treatment is quite alright for my face. I was a little worried because i tend to have sensitive and oily skin. However, i did't experience any irritation. Maybe it was because i didn't use too much at a go. I built up to the full amount of two pumps over a week. I noticed that my acne has been behaving now. No noticeable zits peeking through. I have been using this product for 3 weeks now and I can really see the difference. 




Step 3 - Moisturizer
From Acne.org

"Overly dry skin perpetuates the acne cycle. Since benzoyl peroxide is a drying and peeling agent, it is important to properly re-hydrate the skin. This generously sized, intensely hydrating, non-comedogenic lotion eliminates dry skin and flakiness completely, while soothing acne-prone skin. It goes on clear and absorbs quickly, leaving no residue. It has a super-light feel and is fragrance-free and dye-free. Use it liberally without fear."

My Review:
Okay, last but not the least, the moisturizer! This is a very rich moisturizer! I only apply 1 pump of moisturizer to my regimen because my face tends to get so oily! I can't emphasize how oily I get when I put two pumps. My face is drying up but its not uncomfortable.still oily. I love the moisturiser. It doesn't break me out. It is gentle. Not totally odorless but i can bear the smell. 

Right now I am seeing huge improvements and those who know me are commenting on it. Even at that time of the month, i didn't have any breakouts. Currently, i don'st have any pimples but i do have hyper pigmentation from the old acne scars on my face. i hear glycolic acid is the best treatment for that, so i have sent for some from acne.org. I would do a review when that arrives.  I love The Regimen and i wholeheartedly recommend it. It's amazing!!


Before




After